Monday, April 14, 2014

April 11, 2014 Friday. We broke camp at Bella Terra in Foley, Alabama after our "vacation" rally.  Boots and Joan were going to stay a couple more days before deciding what they would do next.  They basically have the "full time" mentality but still keep a stick and brick house.  They have to hang onto it mentally but they are in practice "full-timers".  I have a problem grasping this but everyone is different.  Perhaps someday I will figure it out.  I'll let you know. 

Despite the fact that we were returning home, Randy (our Rand McNally GPS device) decided to take us a different way from the route she brought us to Bella Terra.  We headed south to the beach and wonderful views of the Gulf of Mexico and then east to Florida before heading us back up north on US 29.  We came upon a traffic accident where hazmat officials had the entire intersection closed and we had to navigate through a McDonalds parking lot and drive-thru to get back on US 29.  That was interesting and the folks in Micky-D's were surprised to see a class A motorhome where cars should be. We were lucky not to get ourselves into a "situation".  We got back on I-65 and then I-85 north of Montgomery.  By the time we got to Auburn the flow of traffic had come to complete stop due to road repaving.  Joanie and I discussed what we would do if some stranger jumped out of their car and ran to our door asking to use our bathroom.  What would you do?

We were approaching Opelika and decided we were too tired to go on to Palmetto, Georgia our planned stop for the night but we were tired even though it was early in the afternoon and I was fighting the effects of a migraine.  We found an old, run down RV camp ground called Lakeside RV Campground that advertised "big rig friendly".  We did not camp near a lake and we saw no lake so I don't know where they got the name.  The manager was very friendly, and directed us to a pull through site.  The facility has had little maintenance for the last 20 or so years and has been the repository for old trucks and cars during that time.  There were more junked cars around the place than camp sites.  Perhaps Bella Terra had spoiled me.  But we felt safe enough and with the slide outs deployed, we felt at home.

April 12, 2014, Saturday.  We felt better after a good night's sleep and had a beautiful day for travel.  I had my first plus $200 fuel bill at Pilot/Flying J near LaGrange, Georgia.  We skirted Atlanta to the south on I-285 and got back on I-85 and arrived home late in the afternoon. 

We had a surprise when we pulled up to the house.  The landscaper had finally come to do the work we had requested before we left for Foley.  Now the house looks good and since we have dropped the price a bit should sell now. 

April 13, 2014, Sunday.  Palm Sunday.  The beginning of the holiest week of the year.  We were still somewhat slow from our recent adventure so we went to Mass at St. Philip Neri over in Fort Mill at 5:30 in the afternoon.

In the morning while watering the new grass seed put down by the landscaper, my next door neighbor came out and told me that the young couple who had given us a contract on the house a few weeks ago, a contract we declined, had been back out to the house while we were gone.  A good sign I hope.  Our neighbor told the young couple what a great house this was and what a great deal they would be getting.  Say a prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment